Well, Madalyn is off to school. Last night we got our baths done and for reading night, I pulled out my favorite book on the subject....The Kissing Hand by Audry Penn. I read it every year on the first day of school to my class of kindergartner's and was excited to read it my own daughter the night before her first day of school. We each gave her a kiss on the palm to feel our love by and she went right to sleep. I thought she'd be up early the next morning, but the girls didn't wake up until 7! Rick was able to take off Friday for her birthday and today for school. So he made pancakes and bacon for breakfast, she got dressed and we were ready to walk out the door when Amelia decided she needed to go "potty".
***I was not ready to start the training process, but yesterday, Amelia decided SHE was ready. She was dry most of the day, with only one accident. Every time she said she needed to go, she went. I'm not sure if this will last or not, and I'm not pushing anything!! It is much easier to use diapers than have to find and use a bathroom on short notice, ie. today as we are about to walk out the door!***
Anyway, we got to school and moms were crying. For us, this is nothing new. Because kindergarten is half day, it's only 10 minutes longer than preschool, it's not that much of an adjustment. Next year it might be different. But today I was excited for her and ready to see her of on a new adventure. Her teacher seems to be exactly what I prayed for and I think this year will be a great one for her. Here are some pictures...





We are off to pick her up soon and then to take her out for lunch to her favorite place, the local Chinese restaurant. I'll post later tonight and let you know how she liked her first day of school!







1 comment:
I'm sure it was a great first day!
Post a Comment