Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ketchup Anyone??

On a blog that I follow, the blogger recently told a story of "ketchup day" at her school. It was a day when nothing new was taught. Everyone, including the teacher, caught up on work that needed to be done. (I wish I would have thought of that while I was teaching. But really, what would 5 year olds need to catch up on?) Anyway, I digress. But when I read her blog that day, I thought I steal her idea for a title. So here are some of the many things that I wanted to post on and haven't found the time.


First of all, Charlotte's "first" smile. (Caught on camera anyway) She was 6 weeks old and talking to her sisters.




















Then, Father's Day. We had a great day and so did Rick. We are so blessed to have him in our lives. I've always said it takes a special man to be a dad to girls! It's such an important job and not to be taken lightly, and Rick is so good with our girls. Thanks babe!































Yesterday she was 7 weeks old. Here she is in all of her glory...























Last night she slept from 10 pm until 4:30 am! When I fed her she only nursed on one side and fell back asleep until 7:30 am. Since Madalyn slept through the night at 8 weeks and Amelia slept through the night at 7 weeks old. Of course, both of the other girls found their thumbs for comfort at those times too. Charlotte is SO close to getting her thumb. She gets it for a few seconds and then lets go. I know Charlotte will be sleeping through the night soon to. Exciting stuff around her, for me anyway!

Swim lessons for Madalyn have started this week too. So we have been out the door by 9:30 and on time every day this week. Tomorrow we are off, but I think I'm going to take the girls to the zoo. And then lessons are next week too. Madalyn can now go under water WITHOUT holding her nose, and today she jumped off the diving board into the deep end. It took a lot of convincing, but she finally did it. And we have been "practicing" in our pool everyday too. We are all going to have nice tans by the end of summer!

So, that's it for this week. Next week is Charlotte's big 2 month birthday and her baptism on the 5th, so you know I'll be back with more pictures and "ketchup" for everyone! I'm also going to post again in the next few days with comparison pictures of all the girls around the same ages. I'm personally excited to see who Charlotte looks most like. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

B said...

I'm gonna say she'll look more like Amelia, but I could be completely off! :)