Friday, October 30, 2009

My Boy Fix

Well, it's never been a secret that I was hoping to have girls when this journey of parenthood began. I was so happy when we learned that Madalyn was a girl, then I needed another girl because Madalyn HAD to have a sister. But when I was pregnant with Charlotte, I was finally open to the idea of having a boy (Mostly because I LOVED the name we had picked out) and we all know how that turned out. But I always say God knows better than us, and after last night, I am more thankful than ever that I have my girls!

Madalyn got a whoopee cushion from a child in her class (a BOY;) ) as part of her Halloween treat bag, and the passing of gas humor that ensued for 2 hours (!!) was more than enough of a glimpse of what I imagine the humor would be like in this house with a boy/boys. I do have to admit, the first few times were pretty funny, and I do LOVE to hear the giggles and belly laughs of my girls. But God is good and gave me my girls!!

Stay tuned for Halloween pictures in the next post!

And P.S.- to those of you who have boys, I love them all!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boys aren't that bad! Regardless of whether you have them or not, they will definitely rub off on the girls.

Becca said...

Well, it's pretty safe to say I WON"T be having any boys!! :) And I think you are biased!!