Friday, September 18, 2009

Time in a Bottle

Life has been moving so fast around here, that I wish I had time in a bottle. We are having so much fun with all three girls at the ages they are, I would love to pause time here for awhile!! Madalyn is loving 1st grade! On the way home tonight we were in discussions about the planets and her future. She (out of nowhere) assured us that she was not going to be having babies for a long time. (Thank the Lord!) She then wanted to know what she was going to do for a living. The conversation went something like this:
"Mom, what is that light up in the sky?"
"I don't know honey, it could be a plane, or a star or a planet."
"How do we get that close to a planet?"
Now, I'm getting a little out of my element here, I did only get a C+ in astronomy in college!!
"Well the Earth rotates, so sometimes we are close and sometimes we're not."
"It must be a star then. Do the other planets have roads on them like the one we are driving on?"
"Nope, we are the only planet that has life on it."
"Well, what else do you know about the other planets?"
"Um...not much. (Now Rick interjects) "We can look up information in the library or on the Internet."
"I want the Internet, so I can play games about the planets"
Me: "Well, we'll see about that, but you know there are people who, for a job, study all about the planets and solar system. They're called astronomers."
"What will I be when I grow up?"
"I don't know, but you'll find something your good at that you love to do and that will be your job."
"Well, I'm good at math, and reading. Maybe I can be an astronomer."
"Sure, if you want."
"I like to get my toenails painted, is that a job?"
"Yes that's a job. People go to school and learn how to do that."
"Well, can I do both?"
"Sure."
"Okay, I want to do both."
"Sounds like a plan."
SO now that Madalyn has a career in mind, I will know everything I need to about the planets and I'll be ready to answer the grand kid's questions, you know, when a long time is over and she's ready to have children!

Amelia just started preschool this week. She has cried both days when she gets dropped off, but stops pretty soon after. She was SOOO excited to go, but the reality hasn't lived up to the hype apparently. She does like it though. She sings the songs and tells you about the story they read that day. So, I think by next weeks end the crying will be done...I hope!

Charlotte turned 4 months old and she is learning something new ALL the time! She now weighs in at 11 lbs. 14 oz and is 23 3/4 inches long which is 10th% and 25th% respectfully. She has started to eat rice cereal, two days ago, and LOVES it! She started to roll from back to tummy and HATES it!! She HATES being on her tummy, just like her sister did. She has been drooling non-stop and her gums have flattened and gotten wider so I think teeth aren't far behind! She is such a happy baby and smiles and interacts all the time with anyone who will pay attention to her.

*****UPDATED 9/19: Charlotte now can roll from tummy to back too!!!*****

With these ages I feel so free to go out and do anything. The bigger girls are so independent, and Charlotte is still immobile. It is, to quote Hannah Montana- a favorite around here- the best of both worlds! Here are some pictures from recent outings.

The children's museum...
making AND eating ice cream...





Charlotte, who SHOULD have been sleeping...



Sisters...




And anyone who knows my girls know how much they LOVE to perform. So we were at this spot for a LONG time... a stage where their performances where TELEVISED!!! (FYI- I take NO credit for the costumes or make-up!!)



Charlotte's first time at our favorite museum...



And tonight we went to the Naperville river walk, a place where Rick and I went a lot when we were first dating and engaged! What a difference 9 years and 3 girls later! We packed a picnic dinner, went to the park, then walked the river front. It was a GREAT night!!

Our happy baby....


Madalyn and dad...

Little Miss....

my favorite of us so far...



We have been making great memories for our family here, at home, and on the go! It's something that means a lot to Rick and I...now I just need a better camera to capture every one of them!

No comments: